growing up my parents took us to quite a few fancy restaurants in niagara-on-the-lake & fine dining restaurants on cruise ships. they wanted us to be part of every celebration & every milestone they reached. whenever we went to these types of restaurants & it was time for the dessert menu to be served, it always had a local cheese board dish on it. i never understood how cheese was considered a dessert?! it was probably because my knowledge of cheese didn't stretch past the basic marble cheddar & kraft singles i was used to eating... two cheeses i wouldn't dare to eat now. as i got older, it all began to make sense. pairing creamy style cheeses with fruits, nuts, jam & of course chocolate was the best way to end a perfect meal.
today i am teaming up with my friends at ghirardelli to present to you the ultimate dessert cheese board to serve at any party! be it awards, game day, or a casual gathering with friends, everyone is sure to find something they love on this board! now the star of this platter doesn't necessarily have to be the cheese, it can be all the fun chocolate you pair with it too! because you can't have dessert without a little chocolate i paired the cheese board with ghirardelli's snack line of chocolate covered treats! they make for the best finger foods as you saw in my previous salted cashew trail mix recipe (which you can find here). this board contains chocolate covered sea salt cashews, sea salt almonds, blueberries, and toasted coconut.. it has every flavour you can dream of.
- 1 4.8 oz package of ghirardelli milk chocolate sea salt cashew
- 1 4.8 oz package of ghirardelli milk chocolate sea salt almond
- 1 4.8 oz package of ghirardelli dark chocolate blueberry
- 1 4.8 oz package of ghirardelli milk chocolate toasted coconut
- 1 wheel extra creamy brie
- 1/4 wheel extra creamy danish blue cheese
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced & toasted
- on a large wood serving board place the brie & blue cheese.
- arrange all other ingredients around it starting with the fruit, chocolate & baguette slices.