for the longest time i have been wanting to make my own granola bars! i don't know why it has taken me THIS long. i have made my own granola countless times (like this honey berry granola or this almond, coconut & white chocolate), so why not make them into a bar? you can save a fortune by making your own because those pre-packaged ones come with only half a dozen to a box & they are filled with ingredients that probably shouldn't be in a granola bar. now this is technically my second time making them because i tested out a batch of simple granola bars first with no fun flavours or ingredients. for the blog, i knew i wanted to make not your average granola bar recipe & because you know how much i love mixing matcha with white chocolate it seemed like the perfect opportunity to put those flavour combinations together once again! here i used the only matcha i will ever use, which is aiya's cooking grade matcha powder. it is specially blended for food & beverages to help provide a vibrant colour, nutrition & a lasting aroma when combined with other ingredients. this recipe is wholesome & healthy for all those getting back to clean eating this month. okay, i know i put white chocolate but you can subtitute that for a healthier dark chocolate or leave it out all together! i just figured all the good cancels out the touch of bad:)
p.s. these bars taste amazing crumbled over some vanilla yogurt!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (can substitute canola oil, melted coconut oil or melted unsalted butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon aiya's matcha powder (i use the cooking grade matcha powder blend)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cups almonds (roughly chopped or slivered)
- 1/2 cup organic white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (can substitue 1/2 cup dried blueberries)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large mixing bowl toss oats with honey, oil, vanilla, matcha powder, salt & cinnamon until well coated.
- stir in almonds, white chocolate & fresh blueberries.
- line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper & press oat mixture firmly into dish.
- bake for 30-40 minutes, until the oats have turned a slight golden brown.
- let cool completely before slicing into bars.